Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- 5 approaches to learning PythonNovember 22, 2017Python is a powerful, versatile programming language that’s popular with open source software […]
- Crazy with ThanksNovember 22, 2017Crazy with Thanks November 22, 2017 In preparation for the next issue of NEA Arts —our first-ever […]
- ‘Creatures Of Will And Temper’ Is A Slow-Burn Slide Into DeviltryNovember 22, 2017Molly Tanzer gives us a seductive, alternate version of Victorian England in her new novel — by […]
- How To Enjoy Thanksgiving Without Swallowing The StereotypesNovember 22, 2017In this special holiday edition of Ask Code Switch, we explore ways of moving beyond the simple […]
- From ‘Inky’s Great Escape’ To Singing Seahorses: Animal Books For The HolidaysNovember 22, 2017From real-life, seaweed-carrying dolphins to fictional singing seahorses, animals in these new […]
- Net Neutrality & Competition: The Final Days of Internet FreedomNovember 22, 2017Join Public Knowledge to Discuss… Net neutrality is on the chopping block. Public Knowledge has […]
- In ‘Spineless,’ How Jellyfish Have Survived Throughout TimeNovember 21, 2017Jellyfish may seem like simple sea creatures, but their translucent bodies and stinging abilities […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.