Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Examining The Role Self Awareness Plays In Sexual HarassmentDecember 10, 2017Many people accused of sexual harassment say they weren’t aware that their behavior was […]
- Faith Salie: What will be the aftermath of the sexual harassment firestorm?December 10, 2017Like a wildfire, sexual harassment allegations will leave burn scars on our culture, but also make […]
- Judd Apatow: Back to standupDecember 10, 2017Tracy Smith sits down with producer and comedian Judd Apatow, who – after producing and […]
- Soul sistersDecember 10, 2017Miami preschoolers Jia Sarnicola and Zuri Copeland say they are closer than best friends, closer […]
- Mozilla’s new voice recognition model, fixing the GPL, and more newsDecember 9, 2017In this week’s edition of our open source news roundup, we look at Mozilla’s new speech […]
- In A New Novel, The ‘Lost Prayers’ Of A Gay Teen Bullied To DeathDecember 9, 2017James Han Mattson’s debut book, inspired by the real-life suicide of an outed young man, […]
- A Father’s Cruel Mission To Create ‘The Only Girl In The World’December 9, 2017Maude Julien’s new memoir chronicles her extraordinary — and awful — childhood with fanatical […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.