Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Statement on the Tragedy in CharlottesvilleAugust 18, 2017From Lonnie G. Bunch III, Founding Director of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African […]
- Meet the Artists Displaying at This Year’s Santa Fe Indian Market, the Largest Juried Native Art Show in the WorldAugust 18, 2017The annual show brings together some of the country’s best traditional and contemporary artists […]
- Top 4 Quality Assurance Software of the WeekAugust 18, 2017This blog series features the top-performing projects on SourceForge under specific categories. […]
- Moving Images in Rural Iowa: A Look at the Documentary “Saving Brinton”August 18, 2017Moving Images in Rural Iowa: A Look at the Documentary “Saving Brinton” August 18, 2017 […]
- ‘Sour Heart’ Offers A Fierce, Fresh Take On The ‘Hell’ Of Coming To AmericaAugust 18, 2017The stories in Jenny Zhang’s powerful debut collection center on the violent, sometimes […]
- 6 trends in international public opinion from our Global Indicators DatabaseAugust 18, 2017Read six noteworthy trends in global public opinion, drawn from our newly updated Global Indicators […]
- “The Story of Chocolate” Celebration Kicks Off Hispanic Heritage Month at the National Museum of the American Indian in New YorkAugust 18, 2017Program Highlights the Journey of Cacao From Tree to Taste Buds August 18, 2017 The Smithsonian’s […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.