Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Today in Tech – 1974June 28, 2017On this day in 1974 American engineer, inventor, science administrator and computer pioneer […]
- 7 great open source tools to power your marketing stackJune 28, 2017Today’s digital marketers use an ever-increasing amount of software to plan, organize, […]
- National Portrait Gallery To Hold Second American Portrait Gala Nov. 19June 28, 2017“Portrait of a Nation Prize” Honors Dr. Madeleine K. Albright, David D. Ho, M.D., Bill T. Jones, […]
- Cultural Appropriation Is, In Fact, IndefensibleJune 28, 2017Recently, the New York Times published an essay defending cultural appropriation as necessary […]
- Former Tennis Player James Blake On Athletes And ActivismJune 28, 2017Retired tennis player James Blake has written a book about athletes who take on social causes after […]
- GitHub launches Open Source Friday June 28, 2017Open source software is developed by hobbyists and professionals alike. In fact, 65% of respondents […]
- ‘The Strange Death Of Europe’ Warns Against Impacts Of ImmigrationJune 27, 2017NPR’s Robert Siegel talks to Douglas Murray about his new book, The Strange Death of Europe: […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.