Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Dreaming Open, Dreaming BigDecember 15, 2017Disheartened by anti-NetNeutrality moves in the US, but inspired by the reddit poster offering to […]
- A Look At The Man Who Started 21st Century FoxDecember 14, 2017NPR’s Robert Siegel talks to Vanda Krefft, author of The Man Who Made the Movies: The […]
- Poetry’s Not Dead, And Here Are Books To Help Appreciate ItDecember 14, 2017Our poetry reviewer, Tess Taylor, received a stack of books over the course of this year to help […]
- Special Installation Brings Futuristic Art Experience to National Museum of the American Indian in New YorkDecember 14, 2017“Manifestipi” Opens Feb. 3 for Limited Engagement in Conjunction With Recently Opened “Transformer” […]
- National Air and Space Museum Releases “VR Hangar” AppDecember 14, 2017Free Virtual-Reality App Showcases Favorite Icons in Immersive Settings December 14, 2017 People […]
- An introduction to Joplin, an open source Evernote alternativeDecember 14, 2017Joplin is an open source cross-platform note-taking and to-do application. It can handle a large […]
- The Artist’s Life: A Collection of QuotesDecember 14, 2017The Artist’s Life: A Collection of Quotes December 14, 2017 “Put your ear down close to […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.