Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- John Heard 1945-2017July 22, 2017The prolific stage, film and TV actor is remembered for playing the father in the “Home […]
- Lucasfilm goes open source, DIY lab equipment, and more newsJuly 22, 2017In this week’s edition of our open source news roundup, we take a look at Lucasfilm’s […]
- Samantha Hunt On Her Short Stories In ‘The Dark Dark’July 22, 2017NPR’s Scott Simon talks with acclaimed novelist Samantha Hunt about her first book of short […]
- Yes, Some Comics Are For Kids — And They’re Big BusinessJuly 22, 2017What’s the best way to get people reading comics? Hook ’em young. And comics for early […]
- Life Lessons (With Zombies) In ‘Minecraft: The Island’July 22, 2017Max Brooks’ latest novel is set in the world of the popular video game Minecraft — and once […]
- TV News Record: adventures with Face-O-MaticJuly 22, 2017A weekly round up on what’s happening at the TV News Archive by Katie Dahl and Nancy Watzman This […]
- Since Trump’s Election, Increased Attention to Politics – Especially Among WomenJuly 22, 2017Pew Research: “Nearly six-in-ten women (58%) say they are paying increased attention to politics […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.