Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Advanced image viewing tricks with ImageMagickSeptember 25, 2017In my introduction to ImageMagick, I showed how to use the application’s menus to edit and […]
- Packet radio lives on through open source softwareSeptember 25, 2017Packet radio is an amateur radio technology from the early 1980s that sends data between computers. […]
- Check Out This Awesome Trilobite Corn MazeSeptember 25, 2017The elaborate Wisconsin maze honors the state’s geologic history […]
- This Ambitious Young Sculptor Gave Us A Lincoln For the CapitolSeptember 25, 2017Vinnie Ream was the first female artist commissioned to create a work of art for the U.S. government […]
- Amidst Heated Criticism, Queer Art Exhibition Is Shuttered in BrazilSeptember 25, 2017Protestors accused the exhibit of promoting pedophilia, bestiality, pornography and blasphemy […]
- Shows and films about crime, medicine help foster a positive view of scientists, say many AmericansSeptember 25, 2017Many Americans are exposed to science through TV and movies, and they come away with a positive […]
- Advisory: Reflections of the Little Rock Nine at the National Museum of African American History and CultureSeptember 25, 2017Media only: Jermaine House (202) 633-9495 (202) 322-7354 (cell)firstname.lastname@example.org What: Reflections […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.