Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- ‘Unforgivable Love’ Resets Steamy ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ In 1940s HarlemSeptember 24, 2017The retelling of the 1782 French novel has just as much betrayal and bed-hopping as the original, […]
- Leveling Up In The Video Game Industry, Without Checkpoints: ‘Significant Zero’September 24, 2017Videogame writer Walt Williams describes his Red-Bull-and-Adderal-fueled advancement in a […]
- Shania Twain on finding her voice againSeptember 24, 2017After a rocky end to her marriage with her longtime collaborator, the bestselling female country […]
- Goodbye, For Now, To A Vital Source For Native American NewsSeptember 24, 2017Indian Country Today Media Network announced it would “cease active operations.” That […]
- ‘Inside Studio 54’ Takes You Behind The Velvet Rope, And Into Some Dark CornersSeptember 23, 2017Owner Mark Fleischman’s memoir drops plenty of celebrity names while detailing the day-to-day […]
- A Suicide Reverberates In ‘The Ninth Hour’September 23, 2017NPR’s Scott Simon talks to author Alice McDermott about her new novel, The Ninth Hour. It […]
- Poetry For Kids Who Are ‘Just No Good At Rhyming’September 23, 2017Poetry has to rhyme, doesn’t it? Chris Harris talks with Scott Simon about his new book for […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.