Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- A left-handed software user’s pleaJuly 25, 2017Left-handed people face many challenges in a right-hand dominated world. For the 10% of us who live […]
- When the hacker ethic meets old ideas about brandJuly 25, 2017Open organizations apply principles from open source software development more broadly. Existing […]
- After Fans Rallied Around App, Windows Announces It Will Save Microsoft PaintJuly 25, 2017The classic Windows program responsible for so many wobbly works is getting a new home in the […]
- 1 in 4 black Americans have faced online harassment because of their race or ethnicityJuly 25, 2017Although online harassment can take many forms, some minority groups in America more frequently […]
- Protesting segregation at public poolsJuly 25, 2017From lunch counters to bus boycotts, the African American fight for integration and equality […]
- American Indian Museum Partners With Embassy of Peru for Weekend FestivalJuly 25, 2017Kaypi Peru To Feature Traditional Dance, Art and Music Demonstrations, Peruvian Cuisine and […]
- How Votes Have Shifted: Changes in Partisan Performance 2000-2016July 25, 2017Demographic change is slowly, but inevitably, moving Western states to the left. By Reid Wilson The […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.