Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Projects of the Week, January 22, 2018January 22, 2018Here are the featured projects for the week, which appear on the front page of SourceForge.net: […]
- Escaping Boko Haram In ‘A Gift From Darkness’January 21, 2018Writer Andrea Hoffmann tells NPR’s Lulu Garcia-Navarro the story of Patience Ibrahim, a […]
- Ten Years After The Rising, ‘Iron Gold’ Asks: What Now?January 21, 2018Pierce Brown’s rip-roaring Romans-in-space series Red Rising seemed to come to a triumphant […]
- Jordan Peele on “Get Out,” Trump, race and artJanuary 21, 2018The writer-director of the acclaimed comical thriller about race relations talks about what is […]
- Jane Birkin: Life, and music, goes onJanuary 21, 2018She was one of the most photographed women of the sixties, and the voice of perhaps that […]
- “Get Out” writer-director Jordan Peele on race todayJanuary 21, 2018One-half of the duo Key & Peele, Jordan Peele has burst beyond the sketch comedy universe with […]
- 2nd annual Women’s Marches held across U.S.January 20, 2018On the anniversary of Trump’s Inauguration, and with the rise of the #MeToo movement against […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.