Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- New Book Argues A Theory In Policing Is To Blame For Eric Garner’s DeathOctober 19, 2017Eric Garner was killed by the police in New York City in 2014. His final words were, “I […]
- For Novelist John Green, OCD Is Like An ‘Invasive Weed’ Inside His MindOctober 19, 2017“It starts out with one little thought, and then slowly that becomes the only thought that […]
- Amnesty For Little Book Lovers: New York City Libraries Shelve Kids’ Late FeesOctober 19, 2017On Thursday, the city’s public library systems are forgiving fines on overdue materials […]
- The Book That Changed The BordersOctober 19, 2017On this show, we show how the book “Borderlands” has been integrated into the Chicana […]
- Photo and Interview Opportunity: Mile-Marker From Dakota Access Pipeline Protest Site Goes On DisplayOctober 19, 2017Media only: Media only Bethany Bentley email@example.com Lisa M. Austin […]
- Astronomers See Light Show Associated With Gravitational WavesOctober 19, 2017October 16, 2017 Marking the beginning of a new era in astrophysics, scientists have detected […]
- The Ties That Bind Muhammad Ali to the NFL ProtestsOctober 19, 2017A new biography reveals new details about the history of the boxer—“a heavyweight of contradictions” […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.