Rants and Raves . . .
Articles I Read . . .
- Flipbooks Help Prisoners Stay Connected To Their Loved OnesMay 29, 2017For people in prison, rules limiting access to technology make seeing video of their kids’ […]
- For Video Soundtracks, Computers Are The New ComposersMay 29, 2017In some cases, the job of composer might be going the way of typewriter repairman and bowling […]
- ‘Destined For War’ Explores How To Avoid Unnecessary Future ConflictsMay 29, 2017NPR’s Robert Siegel interviews Graham Allison, author of Destined for War: Can America and […]
- ‘The Body And The Blood’ Follows Exodus Of Christians In The Middle EastMay 29, 2017NPR’s Robert Siegel interviews Charles Sennott, author of The Body and the Blood: The Middle […]
- ‘The Jersey Brothers’ Highlights The Enduring Legacy Of World War IIMay 29, 2017Sally Mott Freeman’s book, The Jersey Brothers, recounts the story of three men swept up by […]
- Happy Birthday, Wycliffe Gordon!May 29, 2017Wycliffe Gordon Born: 1967 Wycliffe Gordon enjoys an extraordinary career as a performer, […]
- Swinging with Sartre: Jazz Is Like BananasMay 29, 2017“Jazz is like bananas, it must be consumed on the spot.” These immortal words were […]
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.