Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- 10 advantages of open source for the enterpriseAugust 17, 2017Selecting technologies means committing to solutions that will support an active, growing business […]
- 5 open source alternatives to Slack for team chatAugust 17, 2017In any collaborative environment, it’s important to have good tools for communication. read […]
- Creative Forces: At the Wheel and at the ForgeAugust 17, 2017Creative Forces: At the Wheel and at the Forge August 17, 2017 As director of the Art League’s […]
- In ‘Good Booty,’ Our Hot And Heavy Love Affair With Pop MusicAugust 17, 2017Sex is such an inextricable part of pop music, it’s easy to overlook, but NPR Music critic […]
- The Trickle-Up Theory Of White Nationalist ThoughtAugust 17, 2017“Academic racists” lay the intellectual groundwork for white supremacy. The effect, […]
- Smithsonian Manatee Count Informs Policy RecommendationsAugust 17, 2017Scientists Use New Sonar-Based Population Estimation Method August 16, 2017 All three of the […]
- Comparing the Jaws of Porcupine Fish Reveals Three New SpeciesAugust 17, 2017August 16, 2017 Researchers at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute and colleagues compared […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.