Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- Reveal.js presentation hacksNovember 20, 2017Ryan Jarvinen, a Red Hat open source advocate focusing on improving developer experience in the […]
- Happy Thanksgiving! All attention to the turkey (“Meleagris gallopavo”)November 20, 2017“Probably no genus of birds in the American avifauna has received the amount of attention that […]
- Ted Koppel and wife Grace Anne on living with COPDNovember 20, 2017Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is the third leading cause of death in U.S., yet it is little […]
- Projects of the Week, November 20, 2017November 20, 2017Here are the featured projects for the week, which appear on the front page of SourceForge.net: […]
- ‘With Ash On Their Faces’: The Story And Struggle Of The YazidiNovember 19, 2017NPR’s Lulu Garcia-Navarro asks Cathy Otten about With Ash on Their Faces: Yezidi Women and […]
- ‘The Bad Food Bible’ Says Your Eating Might Not Be So Sinful After AllNovember 19, 2017In his new book, Dr. Aaron Carroll explains that there might be less evidence against some […]
- In ‘Body Music,’ Love Is Sweet, Sexy And A Touch SentimentalNovember 19, 2017French graphic novelist Julie Maroh — author of Blue is the Warmest Color — is back with an […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.