Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- TV news chyron data provide ways to explore breaking news reports & biasSeptember 22, 2017Today the Internet Archive’s TV News Archive announces a new way to plumb our TV news collections […]
- Press Preview for “Murder Is Her Hobby” and “Rick Araluce: The Final Stop”September 21, 2017Media only: Courtney Rothbard (202) 633-8496 email@example.com Media […]
- New Exhibition “Murder Is Her Hobby: Frances Glessner Lee and The Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death” Opens Oct. 20 at the Renwick GallerySeptember 21, 2017September 21, 2017 “Murder Is Her Hobby: Frances Glessner Lee and The Nutshell Studies of […]
- Two Dama Gazelle Calves Born at the Smithsonian’s National ZooSeptember 21, 2017September 21, 2017 The Cheetah Conservation Station at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo is […]
- In This Quiet Space for Contemplation, a Fountain Rains Down Calming WatersSeptember 21, 2017One year after the Nation’s first black president rang in the opening of the African American […]
- Open Source Summit: Day 2 features TensorFlow, BlockChain, and HitRecordSeptember 21, 2017The actor and founder of HitRecord Joseph Gordon-Levitt kicked off the second day of the Open […]
- Open source licensing: What every technologist should knowSeptember 21, 2017If you’re a software developer today, you know how to use open source software, but do you know how […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.