Take the Quiz!
How much do you really know about racism and "race" related issues? Click here to find out.
The Latest (Mostly Articles I Read). . .
- A hands-on look at SparkFun’s new Spectacle kitJuly 20, 2017As an artist and technology teacher, I jumped at the opportunity to test out SparkFun’s new […]
- Does your software development team use scrum?July 20, 2017To scale successfully, every software development team needs to have a plan in place to plan and […]
- In ‘Fetch,’ A Memorial To A Beloved Dog Raises Hard QuestionsJuly 20, 2017Do you deserve your pets? Do you deserve the people in your life? In her new graphic memoir, Nicole […]
- Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture Presents “Anne & Emmett, the Play”July 20, 2017Media only: Media only Jaye Linnen (202) 633-7812 firstname.lastname@example.org Anne Williams (202) […]
- National Museum of American History Announces Third Annual Smithsonian Food History Gala and WeekendJuly 20, 2017Restaurateur Danny Meyer To Receive Julia Child Award at Smithsonian Gala; Weekend Will Offer […]
- The Poet Bao Phi, On Creating A ‘Guidebook’ For Young Asian-AmericansJuly 20, 2017When Bao Phi was a child, there was little literature about Vietnamese refugees in the U.S. Phi […]
- Internet Archive TV News Lab: Introducing Face-O-Matic, experimental Slack alert system tracking Trump & congressional leaders on TV newsJuly 20, 2017Working with Matroid, a California-based start up specializing in identifying people and objects in […]
Rants and Raves . . .
Select a Blog Category
What or Who is debwire?
It is a play on my first name and "newswire." The definition of newswire is (in old school terms):
a service transmitted especially by teletypewriter and providing late-breaking news stories, stock-market results, or other up-to-the-minute information:
We took the story off the newswires.
a teletypewriter or other machine by which such information is transmitted or received.
So, in a nutshell, this site is my own personal newswire. And who am I? Well, I am an aspiring author, a tech geek, news junkie, old school head, lover of jazz, straight talker. I love Merlot and cherries. That sort of sounds like an intro for an online dating site, doesn't it? I offer a better explanation here.